- Written by Ivan Dulgerov
Dr. Akhtar Ali
Position: Postdoctoral researcher
Department: Molecular Stress Physiology, CPSBB
PhD, 2016: Plant Molecular Biology, Gyeongsang National University, South Korea
MS, 2012: Plant Molecular Biology, Gyeongsang National University, South Korea
BSc, 2009: Biotechnology, University of Malakand, KPK, Pakistan
Research Projects (accomplished)
– Molecular mechanism of ABA- and drought-signaling in plants (2017-2020),
– Functional Analysis of HKT1 in Eutrema parvula (halophyte) (2016~2018),
– Regulation of salt stress in glycophytes and halophytes (2013~2016),
– Role of HKT1 in Halophytic behavior of Thellungiella salsuginea (halophyte) (2010~2013)
– Molecular connection between phytohormone ABA and flowering time in Arabidopsis (2018~2021).
• Plant species of expertise: Arabidopsis, Thellungiella salsuginea (halophyte), Thellungiella parvula (halophyte), Nicotiana benthamiana.
• CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome editing,
• Generation of Transgenic plants (Arabidopsis and T. salsuginea),
• Genotypic and phenotypic analysis of transgenic plants,
• Abiotic stress responses in plants including High Salinity, Cold, Drought (and ABA),
• DNA, RNA and Protein isolation and purification (Plants and Bacteria),
• Cloning, Microbial Cells culturing and Transformation techniques,
• RT and qRT-PCR, Ch-IP assay, Western blotting, Confocal microscopy,
• Protein-protein interaction; Co-Immunoprecipitation, Y2H, BiFC and Luciferase assay,
• Bioinformatics – Sequence retrieval & alignment, Similarity searches, NEB Cutter tool.