- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions up to 7 years
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with long-term secondments to the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm
Apply no later than: September 30, 2017
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with the financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and the Municipality of Plovdiv. CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria and South-East Europe, building on the research and technological excellence of two partners from Potsdam, Germany: the University of Potsdam and the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
The Department of Plant Metabolomics at CPSBB focuses on unravelling the metabolic profiles and primary/secondary metabolite pathways (and their regulatory control) in model and crop species by employing cutting-edge mass spectrometry methods.
The employee will provide technical support to the scientists at the Department of Plant Metabolomics at CPSBB. Next to that, the technical assistant will spend long periods as secondments at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- University degrees in biology, preferably MSc in plant science or biochemistry or chemistry.
- Experience in plant metabolomics and/or mass spectrometry is advantageous.
- Excellent English is mandatory
- Technical support of the plant metabolomics facilities.
- Extraction, derivitisation and machine running, evaluation of chromatograms
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career development in an international research institute.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Funding is available immediately.
Deadline for application:
The application deadline is 30.09.2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate. Interested applicants should send the following documents:
- CV and recommendation(s) by former employers
- Letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
You can apply for this job no later than 30 September 2017 by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can download this application as pdf