- Written by Dimitar Kirkovski
Period: Fixed-term contract, initially 1 year with possibility of extensions up to 5 years
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: 1 june 2019
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and Plovdiv Municipality. CPSBB?s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two German partners: Potsdam University and Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
Bioinformatics represent key activities in genomics and systems biology-oriented research and are key to all experimental departments in the CPSBB. The postdoctoral researchers at this department will conduct their own research (e.g. comparative genomics of extremophiles, genomics of resurrection species, computational analysis of abiotic stress-derived transcriptome and metabolome datasets) and will provide support to the experimental departments at CPSBB in all major aspects related to the analysis of “omics” data sets (including analysis of next generation sequencing data from cutting-edge technologies (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq or whole-genome sequencing), primary and secondary metabolite profile data, and others).
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, (computational) Systems Biology, or related fields
- Proven experience, evidenced by medium and high impact factor publications as a first author. People with high impact factor publications (IF>4) are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in NGS data analysis (e.g. RNA-seq analysis, genome sequencing)
- Experience in plant science and mathematical modelling is advantageous
- Excellent English is mandatory
- Conduct cutting-edge plant science research
- Supervising PhD students, participation in teaching (courses on bioinformatics and genomics)
- Writing grant proposals, assisting with grant management and other administrative work
- Excellent salary
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment.
- Possibility to develop own group with technician and PhD student(s)
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:
The application deadline is 1 June 2019. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the
position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.
Interested applicants should send the
- CV and recommendation(s) by former employer(s)
- Letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
You can apply for this job no later than 1 June 2019 by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can download this application as pdf