- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: February 26, 2017
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with the financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and the Municipality of Plovdiv. CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria and South-East Europe. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two advanced partners from Potsdam, Germany: the University of Potsdam and the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
The CPSBB is looking for an enthusiastic postdoc with background in plant molecular biology/plant genetics, biochemistry, stress physiology, or related fields, who can 1) perform experiments in the field of molecular stress physiology and 2) design and write competitive projects for attracting third-party funding.
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- PhD in plant biology, plant physiology, plant biochemistry or related fields
- Very good publication record (peer-reviewed papers) in plant biology
- Excellent English is mandatory; Bulgarian and German are highly advantageous
- Experience with project preparations and grant management
- Conduct cutting-edge research related to molecular stress physiology
- Supervising PhD student(s)
- Participation in teaching (e.g. courses on plant biochemistry)
- Writing grant proposals and assisting with grant management
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career development in an international research institute
- A competitive remuneration package
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:
The application deadline is 26.2.2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the
position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.
Interested applicants should upload the
- letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
- Recommendation(s) by former employers
You can apply for this job no later than 26 February 2017 by e-mail (email@example.com).
You can download this application as pdf