- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: October 31, 2017
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with the financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and the Municipality of Plovdiv. CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two partners from Potsdam, Germany: The University of Potsdam and the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology.
The research program at Vegetable Breeding Department focuses on practical applications of plant molecular biology with demonstrable benefits for farmers, the seed and processing industries and the consumer. Knowledge in new strategies in plant improvement including conventional and molecular methods of breeding will be appreciated. A thorough understanding of both classical and molecular genetics is required for successful application with emphasis on: the mapping, characterization and deployment of quantitative genetic trait loci (QTL) in breeding programmes; the efficiency of different marker-based methods for following the inheritance of target genes in progeny plants.
- PhD in Plant Molecular Biology, Plant Molecular Genetics, Plant Breeding, and related fields;
- Proven experience (peer-reviewed publications) in the field;
- Excellent English
- Conduct cutting-edge plant science research;
- Supervising PhD students, participation in teaching;
- Writing grant proposals and assisting with grant management;
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career
development in an international research institute
- A competitive remuneration package
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:
The application deadline is 31.10.2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the
position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate. Interested applicants should send the
- CV and recommendation(s) by former employers
- Letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
You can apply for this job no later than 31 October 2017 by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can download this application as pdf