- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: March 21, 2017
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with the financial help of the
H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and the Municipality of Plovdiv.
CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria and South-East
Europe. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two
advanced partners from Potsdam, Germany: the University of Potsdam and the Max Planck Institute
of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
Metabolites play a central role not only for plant growth and the response of plants to
environmental stresses, but have a particularly important role also for formation of flavour, taste and
texture, i.e. features highly relevant for vegetable crops and their performance on the market. The
department will focus on unravelling the metabolic profiles and primary/secondary metabolite
pathways (and their regulatory control) in harvestable organs (e.g., fruits) of vegetable crops by
employing cutting-edge mass spectrometry methods.
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- PhD in plant biology, plant physiology, plant biochemistry or related fields
- Proven experience (peer-reviewed publications) in plant metabolomics
- Excellent English is mandatory; Bulgarian and German are highly advantageous
- Experience with project preparations and grant management
- Conduct cutting-edge research related to plant metabolomics
- Supervising PhD student(s)
- Participation in teaching (e.g. courses on plant metabolomics, physiology, and genomics)
- Writing grant proposals and assisting with grant management
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career
development in an international research institute
- A competitive remuneration package
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:
The application deadline is 21.03.2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the
position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.
Interested applicants should upload the
- letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
- Recommendation(s) by former employers
You can apply for this job no later than 21 March 2017 by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can download this application as pdf HERE