- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: June 30, 2017
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with the financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and the Municipality of Plovdiv. CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two partners from Potsdam, Germany: The University of Potsdam and the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology.
The Department Molecular Stress Physiology focuses on the analysis of the physiological and metabolic responses of plants to abiotic stress. The postdoctoral researcher will utilize A. thaliana mutants with enhanced tolerance to oxidative stress to decipher the genetic and molecular mechanisms behind stress tolerance. Next to that, the researcher is expected to study the beneficial effects of plant-derived products on plant and human health.
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Plant Physiology, or related fields
- Proven experience (peer-reviewed publications) in the field
- Excellent English
- Conduct cutting-edge plant science research
- Supervising PhD students, participation in teaching (courses on bioinformatics and genomics)
- Writing grant proposals and assisting with grant management
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career
development in an international research institute
- A competitive remuneration package
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:
The application deadline is 30.06.2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the
position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate. Interested applicants should send the
- CV and recommendation(s) by former employers
- Letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
You can apply for this job no later than 30 June 2017 by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can download this application as pdf