- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract of 1 year
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: 31 October 2018
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and Plovdiv Municipality. CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two German partners: Potsdam University and Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
One-year postdoctoral position is available at the Center of Plant Systems Biology and Biotechnology (CPSBB) to study the age-dependent stress-induced senescence in Arabidopsis thaliana. Age-dependent senescence is a gradual degenerative process that not only progressively activates the onset of senescence but also decreases plant tolerance to unfavourable (stressful) environments. Abiotic stress tolerance decreases with increase in age of Arabidopsis leaves. At the same time, molecular priming can activate protective mechanisms (for example, components of the antioxidant system) and thus enhance stress tolerance. The project will study the role of molecular priming on stress tolerance at different ages of A. thaliana and crop species such as tomato and/or pepper. This study will help us to understand the crucial role of ROS in enhancing or reducing stress tolerance in primed young or adult plants. The research will shed light on the impact of priming in the different age of plants when exposed to abiotic stress. This will help us to know the suitable age for priming and to produce plants with an inbuilt capacity to tolerate stress by molecular priming.
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- PhD in Plant Biology or related fields
- Proven experience (peer-reviewed publications) in the field
- Background and experience in work with senescence in Arabidopsis thaliana is advantageous
- Excellent English
- Conduct cutting-edge plant science research
- Supervising PhD students, participation in teaching (courses on bioinformatics and genomics)
- Writing grant proposals and assisting with grant management
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career development in an international research institute
- Competitive salary
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:The application deadline is 31.10.2018. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.
Interested applicants should send the following documents:
- CV and recommendation(s) by former employers
- Letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
You can apply for this job no later than 31 October 2018 by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can download this application as pdf HERE