- Written by Dimitar Kirkovski
The Center of Plant Systems Biology and Biotechnology (CPSBB) offers the following position:
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions up to 5 years
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: 31 August 2019
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with the financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and the Municipality of Plovdiv. CPSBBs mission is to perform cutting-edge fundamental and applied research in the fields of plant development, stress physiology, plant cell biotechnology, vegetable breeding, metabolomics, and bioinformatics.
CPSBB is looking for an IT specialist who can support and maintain the CPSBB hardware and software. His/Her job tasks, among others, will include maintenance of the CPSBB network, computers, software, and resolve the arising technical issues.
- Master’s Degree in IT related field
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Bulgarian and English languages are mandatory.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- Advanced knowledge of standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to system administration and infrastructure operations (systems/server administration in an Active Directory environment, LANs, WANs).
- Advanced knowledge of current operating systems and software.
- Maintenance of internal network infrastructure
- Maintenance of hardware (computers, printers, LAN etc.)
- Software applications and services – oversight and control of software licensing.
- Maintenance and update of the CPSBB and PlantaSYST websites
- Maintaining accurate documentation of the IT equipment and infrastructure.
- Gross salary of 3400 BGN, including social, pension, and health benefits.
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:The application deadline is 31 August 2019. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate. Interested applicants should send the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation(s) by former employers
You can apply for this job no later than 31 August 2109 by e-mail (email@example.com).
You can download this application as pdf HERE