- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions up to 6 years
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: 30 November 2017
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and Plovdiv Municipality. CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two German partners: Potsdam University and Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
The department of Plant Cell Biotechnology will work on development of in vitro technologies that offer attractive and cost-effective alternative to classical approaches (i.e., natural harvest and chemical synthesis) for the mass production of value-added plant-derived metabolites (“green factories” concept), screening for new natural leads and drug candidates, their isolation and structural elucidation (incl. NMR). Genetic modification in such a contained system can readily be applied without the regulatory barriers associated with field grown crops. Moreover, cell/tissue culture systems can be up-scaled in bioreactors with controllable bioproduction rates. The department will closely interact with the other scientific CPSBB departments towards the better understanding of plant biochemical machinery and development of new means for sustainable bioproduction of high- value molecules.
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- PhD in plant biotechnology, pharmacology, natural product chemistry or related fields;
- Proven experience (peer-reviewed publications) in plant science/plant biotechnology/pharmacology/chemistry of natural compounds;
- Excellent linguistic skills in English are mandatory.
- Conduct cutting-edge plant science research;
- Supervising PhD students;
- Writing grant proposals and assisting with grant management.
- Competitive salary
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career development in an international research institute;
- A competitive remuneration package;
- Funding is available immediately.
Deadline for application:The application deadline is 30.11.2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate. Interested applicants should send the following documents:
- CV and recommendation(s) by former employers;
- Letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply.
You can apply for this no later than 30 November 2017 job by e-mail (email@example.com).
You can download this application as pdf HERE