- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with the financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming), the Bulgarian Government, and the Municipality of Plovdiv. CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria and South-East Europe. This will be achieved by building on the research and technological excellence of two advanced partners from Potsdam, Germany: the University of Potsdam and the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm.
CPSBB is looking for a laboratory manager/technician, who can organize the day-to-day lab activities, assist the researchers working in the lab, and resolve the arising technical issues.
CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- MSc in plant virology;
- Experience as lab manager/technician in genotyping (GBS, AFLP/PAGE, SCAR, etc.);
- Experience in evaluation of plant resistance to pathogens;
- Fluent English and Bulgarian
- Performing molecular analysis; screening tests for resistance to plant viruses;
- Ordering chemicals, consumables, equipment;
- Maintaining the lab in good order;
- Assisting the postdocs and the PhD students with their research and with all technical issues
- Competitive salary
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career development in an international research institute
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.
Interested applicants should upload the following documents:
- letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
- Recommendation(s) by former employers
You can apply for this job by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can download this application as pdf HERE