- Written by admin
Period: Fixed-term contract, probation period of 6 months, possibility of extensions
Place: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Apply no later than: February 26, 2017
CPSBB is a newly established research center in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, with the financial help of the H2020 project PlantaSYST (Teaming). CPSBB´s mission is to position itself at the forefront of plant sciences in Bulgaria. Cutting-edge functional genomics, metabolomics and bioinformatics will be adopted to unravel the regulatory codes and metabolic pathways that govern plant development, stress physiology, and the production of valuable metabolites with potential market applications. The service-oriented CPSBB administration is designed to function efficiently following the example of the German partners. CPSBB is equal opportunity employer.
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years’ experience in the field of IT management
- Bulgarian and English languages are mandatory.
- Previous experience in project management
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Advanced knowledge of standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to system administration and infrastructure operations (Including (CISCO), VOIP, VMWARE, CITRIX and systems/server administration in an Active Directory environment, LANs, WANs).
- Advanced knowledge of current operating systems and software.
- Management, support, development and leadership of the IT team.
- Defining, creating and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Overall technical responsibility for the IT functions of the center, including:
- Infrastructure, networks, and supporting services.
- Endpoint deployment and management.
- Defining and managing the hardware life cycle.
- Business continuity, backup, disaster prevention, mitigation and recovery.
- Communication technologies (email and messaging).
- Voice communication technologies (telephony, fixed line, mobile and VOIP).
- Facilities (power, physical hardware, air conditioning, security, fire suppression, and others).
- Software applications and services.
- Print and copy technology.
- Other technologies not listed above.
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting IT staff
- Identifying risks, areas of improvement, weaknesses, and implementing control measures.
- Managing the IT budget.
- Supplier relationship management, contract negotiation and dispute resolution.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of the IT equipment and infrastructure.
- Oversight and control of software licensing.
- Fast changing and growing scientific environment. Opportunity to build and develop. Career development in an international research institute
- A competitive remuneration package
- Funding is available immediately
Deadline for application:The application deadline is 26.2.2017. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.
Interested applicants should upload the following documents:
- letter of application, mentioning the position you apply for and the motivation to apply
- Recommendation(s) by former employers
You can apply for this job no later than 26 February 2017 by e-mail (email@example.com).
You can download this application as pdf HERE